英语流行口语对话:Talking About Newspapers and Magazines 谈

发布者:云淡风轻 时间:2022-11-15 12:03

随着全球的各国的关系越来越好,从21世纪以后英语的广泛使用,那么在谈论报刊杂志该如何表达?以下是小编给大家整理的英语流行口语对话:Talking About Newspapers and Magazines 谈论报刊杂志,希望可以帮到大家

What's the most popular paper circulating in the community?

这里最受欢迎的报纸是哪一家?

A:What's the most popular paper circulating in the community?

A:这里最受欢迎的报纸是哪一家?

B:Atlanta Daily.

B:《亚特兰大时报》。

A:Oh,thank you.I want one.

A:噢,谢谢,我买一份。

B:Here you are.

B:给您报纸。

Do you know the circulation of the magazine?

你知道这杂志的发行量吗?

A:Do you know the circulation of this magazine?

A:你知道这杂志的发行量吗?

B:You mean this month?

B:你是说这个月?

A:Oh,yes,how's it?

A:是的,这个月怎么样?

B:Over 2 million.

B:销出二百多万份。

It's the top magazine in...

这是……最好的杂志。

A:I want to subscribe to The New York Times.How do you feel about it?

A:我要订《纽约时报》,你看怎么样?

B:It's one of the top papers in America.

B:这是全美最好的杂志之一。

A:Yes,It's supposed to be outstanding.

A:对,据说是很出色的报纸。

Who finances the magazine?

这家杂志是谁资助的?

A:Who finances the magazine?

A:这家杂志是谁资助的?

B:I don't know exactly.I only hear it's financed by a famous film star.

B:不清楚,只听说是个影星。

A:Does it have a large circulation?

A:发行量大吗?

B:Yes,so it really doesn't matter who offers the money.The paper itself is profitable.

B:很大,所以是谁赞助没关系,它本身就赚钱。

How do these local papers manage financially?

这些地方报纸是怎样筹集资金的?

A:How do these local papers manage financially?

A:这些地方报纸是怎样筹集资金的呢?

B:Mainly from ads,a small portion from taxes and charities.

B:主要是广告收入,一小部分是靠税收和捐款。

A:Don't you think it's a bit chancy?

A:你不觉得有点不可靠吗?

B:Not at all.Many people like the ads.

B:一点也不,有许多人喜欢广告。

Don't you think...?

你不觉得……吗?

A:Don't you think all of the money goes to the ads and we have nothing to read

A:你不觉得钱都用在广告上了却没有东西可以读吗?

B:But newspapers do get some extra income by offering space for ads.

B:可报刊确实需要出售广告版面赚点外快。

A:Extra income.They can get rich with sheer ads.

A:外快!他们光靠广告就可以发财了。

...is a must.

……是非有不可的。

A:Can I help you?

A:您买什么?

B:Mm,I just need something about business news.Can you recommend some?

B:哦,我需要最近的商务消息,您能推荐吗?

A:The Times is a must.

A:《泰晤士报》是必读报纸。

B:Thank you.I'll have one.

B:谢谢,我来一份。

I advise you to...

我建议你……

A:An idea about killing time on a train?

A:在火车上消磨时间读什么好?

B:I advise you to read Playboy.You can get a lot from it.

B:我建议你读《花花公子》,上面什么都有。

A:But there's quite a lot of rumors about it.

A:可它名声不太好。

B:That's why it's interesting.

B:就因为这一点它才有趣呢。

As far as...is concerned,it's worth reading.

就……来看,值得一读。

A:Would you please tell me about the Fortune magazine?

A:你给我谈谈《财富》杂志好吗?

B:It was chosen as the most popular magazine of the year.

B:它被评为本年度最佳杂志。

A:Do you like it personally?

A:你个觉得怎么样?

B:As far as the language is concerned,it's worth reading.

B:就语言而论,它值得一看。

How would you comment on the paper?

你对该报如何评价?

A:How would you comment on the paper?

A:你对该报如何评价?

B:The paper editorials always stick to the quick.

B:该报的评论一向一语中的。

A:Don't you think it's a bit conservative?

A:你不认为它有点保守吗?

B:After all,I'm somewhat conservative.

B:毕竟我也有点保守嘛。

How can they always manage to...?

他们怎么总能……?

A:How can they always manage to get inside stories?

A:他们怎么总能搞到内幕消息?

B:They've got a professional staff.

B:他们有个专业班子。

A:Professionals for what?

A:干什么有个专业班子。

B:For approaching the top secrets and the top personnel.

B:接近最机密文件和高级人员的。

It's famous for...

它以……闻名。

A:When was the newspaper first issued?

A:这报纸是什么时候开始发行的?

B:In 1914.

B:1914年。

A:The year of world War I.

A:一战爆发的那一年。

B:Yes,and it's famous for military reports.

B:对,它就是以报导军呈成名的。

They were the first to jump on...

他们是最早披露……的。

A:May I know why you are so keen on this paper?

A:你为什么喜欢这报纸?说给我听听好吗?

B:Because they always have startling inside stories to reveal.

B:因为这上面总是有惊人的内幕披露。

A:For example?

A:比如说?

B:They were the first to jump on the Watergate scandal.

B:他们是最早披露水门丑闻的。

Is the news in the paper reliable?

这报上的新闻可靠吗?

A:Is the news in the paper reliable?

A:这报纸上的新闻可靠吗?

B:Yes,it's usually truthful and accurate.

B:是的,通常是真实准确的。

A:How about its editorials?

A:社论呢?

B:Very often I don't agree with the stand but I still read it carefully.

B:我常常和他们立场不一致,但我还是认真读。

That's all propaganda.

那全是宣传。

A:How do you comment on the financial section?

A:你觉得这家报纸的金融版怎么样?

B:You can always find trade surplus,and you know all that positive staff.According to them,everything is going smoothly.

B:他们总说有贸盈余了,都是些肯定的消息,听他们的好像什么都是一片大好。

A:You mean...?

A:你的意思是……

B:That's all propaganda.

B:那全是宣传。

You always find a ready ear for hearsay.

谣传总有人相信。

A:Do you really believe what they say?

A:你相信他们说的吗?

B:I don't believe it at all.

B:我一点不信。

A:But what makes it so popular?

A:那为什么这杂志这么流行?

B:You always find a ready ear for hearsay.

B:谣传总有人相信。

The magazine's stand is very hard to locate.

这杂志的立场观点总是让人捉摸不定。

A:The magazine's stand is very hard to locate.

A:这杂志的立场观点总是认人捉摸不定。

B:You'll have to read between lines.

B:你得从字里行间捉摸。

A:Why is it so obscure?

A:为什么总是这么含糊期辞呢?

B:Maybe they can't afford to confront their sponsors openly.

B:也许是开罪不起他们的赞助者。

It's an out and out fabrication.

那纯属捏造。

A:How do you comment on the whole section about Princess Diana's affairs?

A:你怎么评论那整版的黛妃的婚外恋记事?

B:I hope it's an out and out fabrication.

B:我希望那纯属捏造。

A:But it's true.

A:可那是真的。

B:How do you know?

B:那你怎么知道的呢?

Copyright © 2022-2023 领地网 www.lingd.cn 版权所有 蜀ICP备09043158号-4

声明:本网站尊重并保护知识产权,根据《信息网络传播权保护条例》,如果我们转载的作品侵犯了您的权利,请在一个月内通知我们,我们会及时删除。

返回顶部